New fly fishing reel concept
A large arbour made in carbon fibres, an unrivalled weight of 2.2 oz, a smooth release of the fishing line, a precise ceramic drag which is easily adjustable while in action, those are the features of this fly fishing reel.
Fly reel frame
The MBReels 2.2 reels cage-shaped frame offers many important advantages:
- It solidifies the whole reel and protects the spool.
- It ensures an optimal release of the fishing line since the line does not rub on the spool.
- The positioning of the arms at 120° avoids wearing of the friction areas between line and frame (we have often noted this weakness with other reels!) and allows great flexi-bility in the way the line is released.
- The reel foot meets the AFFTA standards and fits on any rod.
- Its titanium shaft is light and robust, and the spool locking system remains attached to the frame, eliminating the risk of its loss.
- Brake adjustment is easy, using either left or right hand, even while in action.
Large arbour spool
The openworked spool and extremely strong spool is characterized by:
- An 3.46 inches diameter which allows a quick retrieval of the fishing line.
- A good-sized and easy to grip crank.
- The U shaped enables smooth winding of the fishing and backing line.
- Stainless steel ball bearings which are waterproof and maintenance-free.
The oversized and totally reversible drag combines extreme smoothness and firmness. Its attributes are:
- A totally ventilated, ceramic covered drum.
- A large diameter which provides powerful drag torque combined with low pressure on the teflon pad.
- Fine tuning which is indexed by a ball stop and easily accessible with either hand.
- A radial functioning which avoids vibrations and overload of the ball bearings in the spool.
- A low resistance to line winding
- A high capacity to absorb extreme tension during fish start. Thanks to its delayed en-gagement, particularly in downstream fishing.